Tuesday, May 17, 2016

Meeting Over Macaroni

Today wasn't like any other Tuesday, it was more like a Super Tuesday, minus the elections. Today I had the opportunity to meet the amazing cohort I'll be spending my summer with at Brown.


I was dropped off at Macaroni Grill, since no one was outside I decided to walk in. I was very confused as where to go, but once I saw Komal smiling and waiving at me, I knew that I was in the right place. I introduced myself to my chaperone, and with a big smile she introduced herself back, Joanne Whitlock. Once all the girls arrived, we immediately looked at the menu, there was a wide variety of options. While looking at the menu we talked about several topics and I just felt like I had known the people in my cohort forever. The menu had so many options, it was so hard to choose one. I decided to get the Buffalo Chicken Parmesan, possibly the best choice ever because it reminded me of one of my favorite food, chicken wings. 
This picture does no justice to how great it was.
Our Chaperone, Joanne, asked us if we had any questions, and although most of my questions had been answered by Don at the tutorial, I still had many more to ask.  Joanne had never been to Brown so Komal was able to answer most of the questions since she had been there last summer. Her responses really were clear and they answered all my questions, it made me feel more prepared for this trip. 

My Vanilla Gelato.
Then came time for dessert, they all sounded so delicious. For the most part, we all decided to get different desserts and share so we could have a little bit of everything. I went for the Vanilla Gelato and it was great for the weather today.
The whole group after eating dinner.















As the dinner came to an end, we all said goodbye, but we couldn't leave until we took a selfie. As we parted ways, I came into realization that I was very fortunate to be able to get such wonderful girls in my cohort. Everything is just starting to feel so real and as the day gets closer to depart, the more excited I get.
From left to right: Komal, Lynda (me), Bailey, Krystal, Aimee, and Camila



No comments:

Post a Comment