Friday, July 1, 2016

All Around the World

Today was possibly one of the best days I've had on this trip. Class was amazing. During our morning period, we went around to different centers on campus; The Center for Students of Color, LGBTQ+ Center, and The Center for Women. This was a very fun part of my day because I was able to familiarize myself with the programs on campus. The LGBTQ+ Center also allowed us to create really cool pins and The Center for Women gave us pizza for lunch. Possibly the best way I could have spent my morning.
TIna bought us some snacks for the movie.

Once the morning period was over, we were able to watch the movie, Miss Represented. This movie showed how women really weren't appreciated as much as they should be. It made me really aware of all this inequality, it really inspired me to make a change.

After class, I decided it was time for a change, so I decided to go try some Pho for dinner. It was my first time every trying it. It was delicious! I will for sure be eating it more often once I go back to California.
Learning how to dance a new style.






Once I finished my laundry, we all gathered up in the Buxton Lounge and had a blast. We played some ping pong, listened to songs from all over the world, and attempted to learn some dances from around the world. It was really nice being able to be informed about different places around the world. It was an experience I would have never gotten if i hadn't attended Brown.

It really showed me how fortunate I was to be able to meet these amazing girls. At the end of this week, I will be very sad that I won't see them anymore, they have become a very important part in making my Brown experience unforgettable. They are truly great people. 

No comments:

Post a Comment