Friday, July 8, 2016

Desolate Komal

Only one day left before we leave. The more I think about this, the sadder I feel. In the past two weeks I became very close to so many of my new friends at Brown including Ishani, Sara, Fern, Lauren, Sachi, and everyone in my cohort. I am going to miss every single one of them so, so, so much! Sometimes I wish that this was our first year at Brown and we could remain a squad. I have been a part of such incredible memories with them such as deep discussions about feminist issues and current news, dance parties, pillow fights, karaokes, movie nights, nights staying up to work, breakfasts, dinners, lunches, laughs, and even tears. Every single day began with them and ended with them. Leaving them will be agonizing. 

Today was a practice day for presentations. The whole class was divided into four groups in which we practiced our presentations with Christine and received feedback and then presented in front of Tina and audience members to learn how to speak in front of a larger audience and answer questions. Tina's friends and colleagues joined us to give us feedback and ask questions. It was a great learning experience even though I felt as if I did terrible in the practice presentations. 

After two rounds of presenting and asking several questions, class ended. My friends, Fern, Sara, Sachi, Lauren, Camila, Aimee, and Ishani, and I went to the mall to explore and have dinner. I had lo mein with vegetables on the side and an egg roll. It was yum! 

We didn't do much shopping and came back early to watch Big Hero 6 in Aimee and Sara's room. It was almost a movie theater setting. We all climbed on Sara's bed and turned off the lights. 

In the middle of the movie, we all had to go to our floor meetings. Even though I didn't quite interact with my floormates as much as I did with my classmates, I will definitely miss my crazy floor. 

The night ended with playing heads up, packing, blogging, and preparing for the big day tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment