Wednesday, July 6, 2016

The Nerves are Starting to Kick In

Quick Starbucks run.
Today, all the nerves kicked in. Our class started off by working on our action plan all morning. At this point, I was just trying to add all my final details, being that I had finished most of it yesterday. It was tough because I wanted everything to come out perfect, which I know it won't because it's a work in progress.

Later today, we had lunch and returned to our class to have a Public Speaking Workshop. At school, I had a speech class, so I was reviewing a lot of the material. Yet, I believe I benefited from it because I learned more exercises and ways to calm my nerves because every time I talk in front of people I get nerves, or just simply thinking about it makes me nervous.

The Chicken Tikka Masala.
After class was over we decided we should go to our rooms and hang out once it was time for dinner. It was nice being able to relax and have time for myself after two such hectic weeks. Then came time to meet up for dinner. It was hard to decide where to go as a big group, so we split up. My group decided to get Indian Food.

It was my first time trying Indian Food, it was delicious. I had the Chicken Tikka Masala and the Mango Lassi. Probably the best choice I could have had for my first Indian Meal. I am so happy I've been exposed to new food coming on this trip.

Once we got back from dinner, I hung out with some friends; Aksa, Momo, and Nupur. They are on my floor and I enjoy spending time in the lounge with them. We ended up having a walk, got some frozen yogurt, sat outside in the quad, and had a nice chat. Then we returned to our lounge and had talks about our cultures, I love being able to learn more about India and Kenya.

Finally, it was time for me to come back to my room and get ready for tomorrow. 

No comments:

Post a Comment