Thursday, June 23, 2016

Christmas in Boston!

Today was an early start to the day, we had to wake up at 7:00 AM to go eat breakfast at 8:00 AM. At first we had plans on walking to Starbucks, but once we got lost and couldn't find it we decided to go to Dunkin' Donuts. It was my first time at Dunkin' Donuts and I really enjoyed my frozen hot chocolate and glazed doughnut. I'm really enjoying being able to try new places now that I'm in the East Coast. After finishing our breakfast we walked back to the hotel and went straight to Wellesley College.

Wellesley College
After our little session.
After struggling to find Wellesley, we finally arrived at around 10:30 AM, which was really early because our Information Session started at 1:00 PM. While waiting for the time to go by, we decided to explore the campus and take some pictures. Finally came time for the information session, Maria, a rising junior, was the information session speaker and Marley and Clellie, rising juniors, helped speak at the information session and gave the campus tours. I learned everything I needed to learn about the school, from admission requirements to clubs on campus. After touring the school and getting in depth details about the campus, I really ended up liking the school, and I will absolutely be applying to it when the time comes. I also enjoyed the little Ivy League group session we were able to have with Clellie, Vanessa, and Maria they really explained all their experiences and it was really easy to ask them questions because they were easy people to talk to. They really gave me a gist of how the school is. This whole experience really changed my perspective on a women's college because at first I didn't want to attend one but once I had their experiences and all the opportunities, I knew that it could be a potential college for me.

It's really Christmas in Boston year round.
We finished up at Wellesley around 3:30 PM and went to eat and explore at Quincy Marketplace. I heard that it had really good seafood, so I decided to get the Lobster Roll. The people did not lie, the lobster was great. Once we were done, we were able to go around and shop at the stores and buy souvenirs. It's like Christmas, because we were getting presents for the whole family! After being able to walk around and explore Boston, I noticed how different the people were, they aren't like the people I'm used to seeing back home, it's truly a whole different environment that I'm going to have to get used to.

Once we finished shopping, we returned to the hotel to finally be able to rest after a long eventful day.




No comments:

Post a Comment