Tuesday, June 21, 2016

Thrill and Worries

I spent the whole day today helping my best friend prepare for her grandpa's funeral. The busy day crammed with rituals and guests kept my thoughts and feelings hidden in a corner of my mind. 

But now, the amalgam of feelings is hitting me. In about five hours, I will be driving to El Cerrito High School to finally begin a journey I had been waiting for this whole year. There is a bundle of emotions. I am thrilled to be a part of a summer program which everyone describes as life-changing. That is one of the biggest reasons why I applied for the ILC scholarship to attend Women and Leadership at Brown University even though I had studied DNA Based Biotechnology at Brown the past summer.  I have a lot of expectations from the course, such as gaining a new perspective on society, becoming a confident women, and improving as a leader and as a person. I hope all my expectations go fulfilled. 

In a small corner of my mind, I have a few trivial worries. I worry that my decision to attend Brown once again is wrong. I worry that I missed the opportunity to explore another Ivy League. However, above these apprehensions, I am confident that these worries will be proved worthless. I am very, very, very grateful for this opportunity and I want to thank everyone who has made it possible. Thank you so much!

Earlier today, I received a email from Don informing that instructor Mary Grace will not be able to teach Women and Leadership due to unexpected circumstances. This made me a little sad at first since I had heard amazing things about professor Mary Grace. However, I am excited to enjoy this course under the guidance of professor Tina Park. I can't wait to meet her and be her student! 

Above all feelings, I am thrilled to be in Women and Leadership. Aside from those worries, I know I would have regretted not applying for the Women and Leadership ILC scholarship since it was the first program that caught my eye when I was invited to an ILC presentation as a freshman. I can't wait for everything that is about to unravel in the next few days! 

All packed and ready to go!

No comments:

Post a Comment