Sunday, June 26, 2016

The Welcome

Any extra sleep, is good sleep. Today I had the opportunity to sleep in, although 9 AM isn't very late, it still felt good. After waking up I headed out to breakfast with Ariel, a new friend of mine from my dorm, and Bailey. When we arrived at the Ratty, the dining hall, I was a little confused as to why they were serving pizza and pasta, until I realized we had missed breakfast and they were serving lunch. Once our breakfast was over we headed up back to our dorms.

The opening slide at the orientation.
When I opened the door to my dorm, I saw that my roommate had arrived but I didn't have the opportunity to meet her, her stuff was there but she wasn't. Ariel and Bailey stayed in my room until it was time to go take our ILC Brown group picture. After a long decision of what pose we wanted, we finally decided on one.

Once we finished taking the picture, we headed over to the Student Orientation. At the orientation they welcomed us and told us what was expected of us, then we broke up into our dorm floor groups and met up with our RA to get to know each other better. We had a really nice time doing ice breakers, and I was able to meet people from all around the world including Kenya and India. Everyone on my floor is really nice and we all got along very well. 

Once the orientation was over, we ate dinner as a group in the Ratty. After a long eventful day, I finally got to meet my roommate, Celine. She's really nice and I'm excited to get to know her better. Here I was able to meet and talk to Tenzin, we got along really well so we decided to go explore campus with Bailey and Ariel. As we were exploring campus it came time to go to the activities fair.
One of the clubs we joined.

The activities fair was a really fun part of my day. I was able to interact and talk to other students. I was also able to dance "The Wobble" with Bailey and other students. It was also really nice being able to try out Del's, the frozen lemonade. I was used to seeing it on every corner and always was tempted to try it, it's really refreshing and freshly made, I really enjoyed it. I was also able to join two clubs, The Latino or Hispanic American Organization and The Women's Association. I'm really excited to meet with the Women's Association tomorrow and I'm super excited to learn how to dance salsa with The Latino or Hispanic American Organization on Tuesday.
Finally, we were able to rent our fans and return to our dorms for a floor meeting with our RA. We played a nice game to start off and went over some simple rules. Then, I checked in with my RA and came to my room.

Today was a really fun day being able to meet a lot of new people. I'm excited to meet more people during my stay here.
Bailey and I dancing "The Wobble."

No comments:

Post a Comment