Tuesday, June 21, 2016

Tomorrow's a Mystery

Tomorrow is the big day. After long months of hard work, preparation and waiting, we're finally taking off for our trip to Brown University and more in the East. I'm feeling very excited and slightly nervous. It's my first time traveling without my parents but I'll be fine because I'm with my chaperone and cohort.
A random selfie with a palm tree hat
Earlier today, we got an email from Don announcing that we will have a new instructor. Mary Grace will be replaced by Tina Park, who is a Ph.D Candidate in the Department of Sociology at Brown. I felt a little disappointed I wouldn't be able to have her as my instructor at first but I know we'll be in great hands and I'm happy to meet Tina Park in a few days.
I'm spending this day just relaxing. I actually went to the movie theater earlier with my parents to watch Finding Dory. It was a very cute, funny and emotional movie and I'm glad I got to see it before I go tomorrow. After, I went to Walmart to pick up some supplies: a notebook, pencils, erasers and paper. I'm definitely bringing these along for the trip.
Treating myself with sweets before I leave home
When I got home, I ate lunch and did some final packing. I've weighed my check-in bag and it does not exceed our maximum weight of 42 pounds. I didn't think I'd be able to fit all the items I had like my mountains of clothes and other stuff but it did. Anyway, I ought to get some rest now because we'll have to meet up at 2:50 AM tomorrow! It's going to be a busy day full of new experiences.
My luggage


No comments:

Post a Comment