Saturday, June 25, 2016

The Move In


Today, the day started a little later than usual because we had to checkout of our hotel, we were finally moving into the dorms. Before we took out all the luggage we went down to have some Starbucks for breakfast. I decided to get the Vanilla Bean Frappuccino with caramel drizzle because I didn't want to consume anymore caffeine. I also got the butter croissant because I needed something to eat. 
Selfies with the goat.
Elephant statue.
















Check in wasn't until 1:00 PM so we had a lot of extra time on our hands. We put all our luggage in Ms. Cruzat's room and decided to go to the Roger Williams Park Zoo. It was a really nice place to see all different kinds of animals. They had everything from elephants to goats, it was really a highlight of my day. 

One of the best parts of my day was riding a Swan Boat. I had never done something like this before so it was really interesting and fun. Bailey and I rode one together and I was the designated driver, it was a lot easier steering it than I thought it would be. We got a workout because we had to peddle very fast due to the taxi arriving during the middle of the boat ride.

Today's dinner.
We then went back to our hotels, got our luggage, and drove up to Brown to check into our dorms. When we got the keys, we found out the Bailey and I got Buxon Hall and Krystal, Komal, Aimee, and Camila got Olney Hall. I walked in and found out that I had a roommate who yet has to arrive. We left our luggage, settled down, and went to go buy our Brown jackets. It took us a while to decide which ones to get because there was so many. After a long period of debating, we went to go eat some Korean BBQ. I decided to get Shrimp Fried Rice because I didn't want too much to eat. My plate then arrived, only to find out that it was huge, it was really good though.

After dinner, we came to the conclusion that we would take our group picture with our Brown sweaters tomorrow due to the lighting and because we still had to finish moving in. 

When Bailey and I arrived at our dorms, we helped each other fix our beds. We also walked around our dorms to meet our RA's, mine is Meisha and Bailey's is Shio. We also had the opportunity to meet the Residence Director, Nicole, she's in the room right across from me.

Finally, the anticipated day of being in a dorm has come and I'm ready to be able to settle down and fall asleep.

1 comment:

  1. I love the way you’re all sharing photos for the blogs. Words are nice but words with pictures are nicer.

    And dang but that plate of food looks awfully good right now.

    ReplyDelete