Tuesday, June 21, 2016

See you later Bay Area..

This is it. Today is the day. It's Pre-Departure day. In just a few hours we will be up in the air and heading over to the East.

I woke up this morning with that “butterflies in my stomach feeling" and it was not for a boy, but rather for this day. I have been waiting for this day for months now and it is finally here. There are so many emotions running through me at this very moment all at once, and of course they are happy emotions. I am so full of excitement, nervousness, and sadness. I am excited and so ready to be in Boston already, but the best part to be at Rhode Island. I always feel nervous, but this is the first time I’m traveling without my family and it's pretty scary. I am sad because it has only been a week since my little sister was born and I feel like I will miss so much of her everyday growth while I am gone for this trip, but pictures and face time will compensate for these two weeks and a half.

The very first thing I did this morning is check my emails, and as I had expected a few reminders were sent out by Don. We were given the news that Mary Grace, the former instructor of the Women & Leadership course will no longer be teaching and Tina Park, our new instructor has been given the position now. I still believe the course will be just as great as every year.

As for packing, I've lost count of how many times I have revised my luggage and bags just to make sure I have everything. I did use the checklist Don handed out, but I had to make sure I did not over pack, but I am so ready now. I am not to happy of waking up early on a regular basis but I am going to Boston, I have a great amount of energy right now.

Currently I plan on spending my last hours of the day with my family and remain waiting for the time to get here.
This looks like a lot but it's not believe me!




No comments:

Post a Comment