Wednesday, June 22, 2016

East Coast, We Have Arrived!

Last selfie with my parents for a while.
Today I woke up at 2:15 AM with the excitement that it was finally departure day. I gathered all my bags and made sure I had everything for this trip. My dad helped me put my bags into the car, and off we went to our meet up spot, El Cerrito High School. I arrived at exactly 2:50 AM and right away Don gave us our luggage tags and weighed our bags. As it came to my bag, I asked him for my loaner items so we could be as precise as possible with the weight of my bag, so he gave me a bag. When I looked into the bag, I wasn't sure if Don was playing around with me because he gave me a bag of soda cans. I was very confused and then asked him about it. He had grabbed the wrong bag so he immediately went to his house to pick up my items. When he returned my parents signed a permission slip form, we got snacks, and took group pictures, which I still haven't looked at because I don't want to see how I look. Soon after, the airport shuttle arrived, we packed our bags, said our goodbyes, and we were off to the airport.

When we arrived at the airport, Ms. Cruzat gave us our boarding passes, only to find out that I wasn't TSA PreCheck, but it was okay because Ms. Cruzat wasn't either and we would have the opportunity to stand in the normal line together. We checked in our bags and went to the security checkpoint. Fortunately, the regular security checkpoint wasn't long, so we were out of there in no time. The first thing we saw was Peet's Coffee, the line wasn't very long so we got our drinks quickly and then it was time to board the plane.

Aimee and I were assigned to sit next to each other, only to find out the Aimee sat in the wrong seat, she was supposed to sit on the aisle seat instead of the window seat. Yet the lady was kind enough to allow her to sit there which started a small conversation between us. In our short conversation, I was able to find out she had a bad left shoulder. Sadly, the conversation didn't last long because she put in her headphones and fell asleep. For the rest of the plane ride, I either talked to Aimee or brainstormed ideas for my blog. When it came time to land, it was pretty rough due to the weather but thankfully everything went well.

We went to baggage claim, picked up our luggage, and took a shuttle to pick up the rental car. The line to pick up the rental car was very long so we went to sit down while Ms. Cruzat got it all settled. When we finally tried to put our luggage in the car, the trunk was too small so we tried to look for a bigger car, unfortunately, there wasn't anything else available. Even though the trunk was too small, we managed to get everything in the car and made it to the hotel.

Boston Views
Chicken Parmesan Sandwich 
Once we checked in, we left our bags and decided it was time to eat dinner. We walked to the Cheesecake Factory, one of my favorite places in the world. I decided to get the Chicken Parmesan Sandwich, and it was amazing. The chicken was super crispy and I loved it. but I couldn't finish it all so Krystal had some of my fries and a piece of my sandwich.

Now we are ending the day in the hotel room. It feels great being able to rest.

No comments:

Post a Comment